Last Saturday we hired a car in Kanchanaburi so that we could go and look for Karen villages. We got on our way, saw some really beautiful things and after about four hours of traveling dirt roads through the jungle we found what we had been looking for. A Karen village and a Karen church! Through broken Thai (many Karen can speak and understand Thai) mum and dad spoke to the pastor of the church telling him that we had jumpers and blankets to give to children in the village. The pastor was happy and was exited to hear that we would be coming to the church service the following day. As we were traveling home mum could hardly believe that God had taken us there.
The next day came and we began our two and a half hour journey. On the way we decided to stop and get an early lunch just in case the service was long. As we were driving across the road a black 4WD hit the back right corner of our car and gave me a little shower from the orange juice that Casey was holding and a whack on the head from Mackenzie’s flying arm. We were called to the police station to wait for the insurance people to show up. We kids got to go play on the play ground. Casey had an unfortunate event with a bee chasing her because of the orange juice that had spilt on her dress. While we were waiting the people that had crashed into us decided to take us to a lunch of soup with pork and duck in it. While eating we found out that it was the policeman’s wife who was driving when they crashed! After lunch we received a bag of chips and Pepsi from them and after every thing was sorted out we were on our way again.
Of course we were late but at least we were there for the last few songs. There we met a guy called Samson. We became good friends and enjoyed listening to his dreams and his stories.
It was a crazy weekend but I am glad that I can live a life of adventure as a twelve year old.
Zach
The next day came and we began our two and a half hour journey. On the way we decided to stop and get an early lunch just in case the service was long. As we were driving across the road a black 4WD hit the back right corner of our car and gave me a little shower from the orange juice that Casey was holding and a whack on the head from Mackenzie’s flying arm. We were called to the police station to wait for the insurance people to show up. We kids got to go play on the play ground. Casey had an unfortunate event with a bee chasing her because of the orange juice that had spilt on her dress. While we were waiting the people that had crashed into us decided to take us to a lunch of soup with pork and duck in it. While eating we found out that it was the policeman’s wife who was driving when they crashed! After lunch we received a bag of chips and Pepsi from them and after every thing was sorted out we were on our way again.
It was a crazy weekend but I am glad that I can live a life of adventure as a twelve year old.
Zach
7 comments:
Hi guys,
I can't believe the adventures you guys have. I heard that you have gone from staying with a really cool and good looking couple in Cairns to being chased by a swarm of angry bees in Thailand. Sweet.
Cheers,
M&C.
Well done Zach (and family). We will look forward to keeping up with your adventures in this blog. Love from Kate, Matt and Tom
Zach,
I love the way you think! It's pretty cool that you have such a sense of humour that you can make me laugh while telling me about a car crash.
Keep writing!
Sally.
What stories you all have already in such a short space of time!
We love hearing cbout your adventures they remind us of what the Lord can do and who He is.
We love you and miss you and pray for you always.
The Barrs
I like your adventures! I would like to come on some of them! See you next year ... Love Levi
Zach, I miss your crazy sense of humour. Sort of forgot but now I remember!!
Keep on having fun adventures and I look forward to more news soon.
Love from Julia
Hi to you all,
We are new to your blogspot. We had a lovely surprise phonecall from your Mum. She told me all about your blogspot. I've read through your blogspot and its great!! I'll be staying tuned and praying for your whole family.
Post a Comment